Our reputation stands or falls on our ethics and the way we protect our clients’ confidentiality. We treat every client request with absolute confidentiality in order to protect your interests.
The Knowledge Hunters is a member of, and adheres to the Association of Independent Information Professionals’ (AIIP) code of ethical business practice.
“An Independent Information Professional is an entrepreneur who has demonstrated continuing expertise in the art of finding and organizing information. Each provides information services on a contractual basis to more than one client and serves as an objective intermediary between the client and the information world.
All members of the Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP) agree to and support the objectives of AIIP and accept the following Code of Ethical Business Practice:
- Uphold the profession's reputation for honesty, competence, and confidentiality.
- Give clients the most current and accurate information possible within the budget and time frames provided by the clients.
- Help clients understand the sources of information used and the degree of reliability which can be expected from those sources.
- Accept only those projects which are legal and are not detrimental to our profession.
- Respect client confidentiality.
- Recognize intellectual property rights.
- Respect licensing agreements and other contracts. Explain to clients what their obligations might be with regard to intellectual property rights and licensing agreements.
- Maintain a professional relationship with libraries and comply with all their rules of access.
- Assume responsibility for employees' compliance with this code."